Saturday, January 06, 2007


Possibilities for the Long-Lived Brain

As I explore the diverse avenues which are brain-related topics, searching for everything of interest to my readers, I am bolstered by other writers who, like me, recognize the vast treasure of the mature brain. This is the main reason I do this work. I see the aging population as one of our primary social and cultural resources. I want to preserve that brain power. I want to increase that brain power. I want to connect that brain power.

As Bill Novelli points out in the December 2006 issue of AARP, "We are at a unique moment in history when the need for change, the demand for change, and our ability to create change are coming together." His book, "50+: Igniting a Revolution to Reinvent America," focuses on this tremendous capacity this population holds.

There is a great synergy between a 50+ individual finding activities that boost brain power and the needs of our culture and our world for solutions. Participation may be the best prescription for both. In the world of neurogenesis (new neural growth), reaching out from your heart and connecting in meaningful ways with your world are the pillars of a long and vibrant life.

Yours,
Suzanna

No comments: